DRAWING CODES EXHIBITION OPENS AT CCA
Drawing Codes: Experimental Protocols of Architectural Representation opened January 17, 2017 at the Hubbell Street Galleries at California College of the Arts in San Francisco. Organized by the CCA Digital Craft Lab and co-curated by Adam Marcus and Andrew Kudless, the show features 22 commissioned works exploring the impact of new technologies on the relationship between code and drawing: how rules and constraints inform the ways we document, analyze, represent, and design the built environment.
The exhibition featured a concurrent show of work by CCA Architecture students in Kinematic Code, a fall 2016 course taught by Clayton Muhleman exploring procedural and robotic drawing techniques.
For more information on the exhibition, included works, and participants, please see this link.
- Viola Ago (University of Michigan)
- Kelly Bair (Central Standard Office of Design / University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Kristy Balliet (BairBalliet / The Ohio State University)
- Curime Batliner (SCI-Arc)
- Erin Besler (Besler & Sons, LLC / UCLA)
- Amy Campos (Amy Campos Architect / CCA)
- Thom Faulders (Faulders Studio / CCA)
- Nataly Gattegno & Jason Kelly Johnson (Future Cities Lab / CCA)
- David Gissen (CCA)
- Andrew Heumann (Woods Bagot)
- Janette Kim (All of the Above / CCA)
- Joris Komen (DNKMN / San Jose State / CCA)
- Andrew Kovacs (Archive of Affinities, UCLA)
- Andrew Kudless (Matsys / CCA)
- Jimenez Lai (Bureau Spectacular / UCLA)
- Elena Manferdini (Atelier Manferdini / SCI-Arc)
- Adam Marcus (Variable Projects / CCA)
- The Open Workshop
- Dwayne Oyler & Jenny Wu (Oyler Wu Collaborative/ SCI-Arc)
- Ron Rael & Virginia San Fratello (Emerging Objects / UCBerkeley & San Jose State)
- Clark Thenhaus (Endemic / CCA)
- Michael Young & Kutan Ayata (Young & Ayata / Cooper Union & UPenn & Pratt)
- Plus CCA Architecture Students from the 2016 Kinematic Code class led by Clayton Muhleman.