Building Facade Design in Grasshopper
Date: Sunday, November 15, 9:30am - 5:30pm
Skill Level: Intermediate
Instructor: Andrei Hakhovich (CCA / Gradient Matter)
Location: CCA San Francisco, Lab A
Description: This workshop will focus on building facade design in Grasshopper and the use of generative tools in the architecture office beyond design sketches. Digital design techniques have expanded methods for the generation of complex geometries; however, a gap between experimental design and the project delivery still exist. This workshop will look at ways of utilizing the power of computational modeling in various phases of project delivery. The first part of the workshop will construct a complex building envelope using grasshopper while the second part will look at ways of automating tracking elements, outputting complex geometry for fabrication as CAD data, and export to Revit for construction documentation.
Requirements: This workshop will take place in Lab A. Computers running Windows with the latest Rhino, Grasshopper, and Revit will be provided. However, you are welcome to bring your laptop if it has the latest Rhino, Grasshopper, and Revit versions.
What time should you arrive at CCA San Francisco?
- Registration will begin at 9:00am at the front entrance of main campus at 1111 Eighth St.
- Coffee and water will be provided at Registration
- Workshops will begin promptly at 9:30am
Can you remind me what the workshop hardware and software requirements are?
- Each work workshop has unique requirements. Please refer to specific requirements listed above.
- Please install all software before the workshop. Instructors are not responsible for installing any software.
Will there be WIFI access?
- Yes – workshop participants will have unrestricted access to the “CCA-N” Open Wireless Network
When is lunch? Where can we get other food?
- We will take a lunch break between 1-2pm. We will be providing pizza and drinks for lunch.
- Other lunch options include: A2 Cafe, Whole Foods (Rhode Island/17th), Dos Pinas
What is your cancellation policy?
- You can cancel up to 48 hours before the date of the workshop with full refund. After that, if we can fill the spot with another attendee, you would also get a full refund. Otherwise, no refund is possible.
If you have any further questions please e-mail: Assoc. Prof. Andrew Kudless (email@example.com)